Monday, January 4, 2010

My Desire to know God better

This is my first post on this blog for the new year as well as my others. It is true that we only turned to God in prayer when we are struggling the most and I was no different for other people who pray, but as long as things are going okay, forget that God is still in control. There is nothing we do on this earth, during the day, that God does not have His hand in. The very air that we breathe, the food that we eat, and the water that we drink, would not exist if it were not for God. We as Christians and even those that are not christian forget that God is the creator. We as Christians should pray and talk to God all the time, not just when we are in need or are struggling, or are sick. We should strive to know His word fluently and it should be our goals to bring others to know God intimately. Although I know God, my relationship with Him is not where I want it to be. I have days when I am a sponge and cannot soak up His word enough or learn enough about the times and what was happening when God inspire Paul to write books in the bible. The history of the Old testament amazes me! Knowing that the New Testament was written my men inspired by God during the days that Jesus walked this earth. I want to walk the ground that Jesus walked. I want to visit Bethlehem, and see the Jordan. I want to pray at the wall. One of my desires is that I can develop a deeper relationship with God this year, to read and learn as much of His word as possible. I am a child of God and I want to help others to become a child of God. I ask God for the wisdom and the knowledge and the instructions and the words to talk to others because it is here that I stumble. I'm sure there are other Christians who although they know God's word, they have a hard time, showing others the way. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that struggles. I want God to give me the wisdom to understand the differences in religion among my friends and families. I want to know God better. May God Bless you in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment