Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Letters For Recovery

Okay so I think I mentioned that I was going to write the letters to those I need answers from and either asking for them to apologize or seeking forgiveness.  Right now I have just started writing down questions and I am not really addressing it to a particular person, just kind of getting my thoughts down.  Some of it is not worth a whole letter and those are the things that I will address directly with the person or the people involved.  However, there are a few things that might need a letter of three or four pages, but that's okay. 

There is still the issue of whether or not I will send the letters to the people or person, or just hold them, and leave directions for my daughter or husband when I'm dead and gone.  I don't know how this is going to work exactly or if it will even help.  I have discovered though that it is not so much in the front of my brain any longer.  I'm not sure if that is because I'm occupied with school, work and the house, or if I'm making progress.  Whichever it is, God is the one in control. 

One of my devotionals this week was titled, "Truth Is Important".  The bible verse that it used was Proverbs 12:22.  "Lying lips are abomination to the LORD; but they that deal fairly are His delight. 
The title struck me and it made me think about what I say and how I say it.  There have been some times that people or a person has done or said something, and then asked if that was okay or say things like I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.  I have always just said that's okay and brushed it off.  However a couple of times, it wasn't okay.  The particular instance made me feel unimportant, and not cared for, and at the same time made me angry. 

I know that we are not suppose to do this amends or make amends if it is going to hurt the other person.  So I'm trying to keep that in mind, but isn't it hurting me by not addressing it? 

God Bless You All,
Love,
L

1 comment:

  1. My wife did this to deal with the deaths of loved ones she had never came to terms with. She also wrote a letter giving forgiveness ( never sent ) to an Aunt of hers that had hurt her deeply when younger.

    It was very good for her and God ministered to all through it.

    I just recently started blogging and this is all pretty new to me. My wife also started one about our adventures in Homeschooling. Writing can be very good.

    Check it out here if you like

    http://livingstone74.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete