Sunday, April 3, 2011

Two Volumes In Your Life?

Tonight's sermon was very good.  One thing that really hit tonight was the pastor stated that everyone should have two volumes or be two volumes in a book.  First volume, your life before you knew Christ.  Second volume, your life after becoming a Christian.  I've thought about that a lot since he said it.  I love Brother Joe and his sermons.  Sometimes it might take a day or two for it to sink in, but when it does, I usually come up with other questions.  Tonight is the first time I've been to service in about three or four weeks.  Too much life in the way, and I know that is no reason to miss, but pain killers that knock you out and pain you can't deal with is. 

Back to the two volume set.  I'm not sure my first volume would be very big.  I was about 11 or 12 when I first asked Jesus to live in my heart.  At 14 things happened that sent me far away from God, and I never really made it back until the last three years.  Oh don't get me wrong, there were years or times that I never missed, but it didn't change the things I was doing, or saying or the way I was living.  In the last five, I have attended church more than in my whole life. 

I guess my question is this...If volume one is my life before Christ and volume two is my life after Christ, what do I call the section in between?  It is the past and for the most part I can leave it there, but occasionally, the devil likes to trip me up and throw something in my head, that makes me think what if.  Does he win?  Not very often, does he make me have regrets, fears and worries?  Absolutely. 

So when you look at your life, do you have two volumes?  Is there a section in between that you aren't sure what to call?  Do you only have one volume?  If you only have one volume, my prayer to you is this, that you meet someone you can show you how to have someone love you unconditionally for the rest of your life.  My prayer is that you meet Jesus Christ, accept Him as your savior, and start living, instead of dying in a lost world. 

I hope that who ever reads this will share it with others.  I do try to live my life for Christ, but self does get in the way.  I try to be good, real, and honest.  I don't like fake people or those that pretend around you.  I fight be judgmental constantly, I think part of that comes back to a trust factor. 

Search your heart, search your soul.  Where is your path headed?  Do you have fire insurance?

Love, L

1 comment:

  1. I thank God everyday that He called me out of the darkness that was my life...I do believe that the two volumes often overlap where they come together.

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete