Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trusting God

I've been reading and I've been thinking, those two things are not always good, especially together. Although I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 12, I don't have a relationship with Him they way a lot of Christians do. Its not that I don't want one, but I've never really understood how to have a relationship with Him. I pray, I read my bible, I attend church, I thank Him on a daily basis, and I try to display and show the kind of person I am because of Jesus. But I don't do a good job at that. I have anger issues and I have trust issues. I want to trust God with all aspects of my life, but I'm a control freak. Not as much as I use to be, but still a control freak.

People tell me all the time, to cast my burdens upon the Lord and then just forget them. That is a wonderful thing, but I'm human and as such, I still worry. I pray for God to show us where He wants us to be and what He wants us to do, but I'm afraid, not of what He might ask us to do, but what I might have to leave behind. Do you ever have these same thoughts?

My friend, posted on her blog, about if He called, what would you do? It's called At a Moment's Notice. Her blog address is www.strivingfor31.com and I highly recommend it. So I guess my question is the same, If God called me in the morning to follow Him, would I go? I would like to think that they answer would be yes, without a second thought, but would it really? Have you ever asked yourself that question. Could you leave behind your family, friends, house, worldly possessions and go to the far corners of the earth because God called you to go? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment