Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trust and Faith in God

I am not sure I can put this in terms that make sense to anyone other than me.  Sometimes I think God uses my dreams to send me messages (okay stop laughing).  When I dream I hear worship and praise songs in my dreams, I don't see people or hear people most of the time.  This happens more than not lately.  However, I still fight my demons in some of my dreams.

I've been trying to trust God more and rely strictly on Him for our needs, my needs and I try to build my faith in Him by reading His word, studying His word and praying daily if not more than once a day.  I know that God is working in our life and I know that He will provide what we need, when we needed, but is that the end?  Does God grant us or provide us with some of our dreams?  I've been listening to some CD's that talks about having faith in God and that your dreams or life goals will come to pass.  One of the scriptures that is quoted is Habakkuk 2:2-4 (Amplified Bible)

2And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by.


3For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.

4Look at the proud; his soul is not straight or right within him, but the [rigidly] just and the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall [a]live by his faith and in his faithfulness.

So I took this to heart and wrote down 19 things that I want to see happen in my lifetime.  I have even put dates down.  One of the things I wrote down, did not come to pass and that is okay, because I am pretty sure that God will send me where I need to be.

In my dream last night it was almost like one of those secret agent movies.  I don't remember the worship/praise song that was running through my head, but it was quite plain in the dream that God was telling me to Trust Him and have unwavering Faith and that although I was being tested, things would come to pass.    In the dream, it was someone who was suppose to be me and may have been, and another agent.  The control person looked at me and said, "Push the blue button."  The button would set off a bomb and blow up the building.  The other half of my team was in the building.  It was a test of Faith.  I stood there but for a second, because the controller (God) said push the button.  I pushed the button, the building exploded and the rest of my team emerged unhurt. 

Okay I know you are rolling on the floor laughing but it was so real in the dream.  Was God talking to me?  Is He about to ask me to step out in Faith?  I don't know.  The question is can I do it.  I think so. 

So I know this post is kind of weird and no I don't need to be committed.  However, I wonder if and how God talks to other people.  I know He does or otherwise we wouldn't do the things we do.  Right? 

I hope you all don't think I'm crazy and if you do, so be it.  I know that God is leading me and my faith grows stronger everyday.  Recovery is teaching me to Trust and I am trying to Trust with all my heart.  God is there for me when no one else is....  remember that in your life as well.  Love, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment