Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Day To Reflect

Over the last couple of days, worrying has me too stressed out.  So this morning, at six, when the alarm went off, I was basically awake.  I had been up and down all night, too much water right before bed time.  However, as I laid there awake, life seemed to ease up some.  Today has been a day to re-think, re-form, and re-do things in my life.  Kind of like a make over.  I stopped and thought about where I want to be in the next 3 to 5 years.  Norman will be 60 on his birthday, and I don't want him to have to work until he is 80, 75, 70 or even 65, unless that is what he wants to do.  I don't want us to have to rob Peter to pay Paul, so to speak. 

So this morning, I cried out to God and asked Him to hear my pleas.  God always hears us, even when we don't see His answer right away.  I know now more than ever, than going back to school for my degree was the right choice.  Have we had to make some decisions that were difficult?  Yes, and we do every day as we re-evaluate where we are headed and what we want and what really matters. 

I read devotionals and people's post about letting our light shine so that others can see Christ in us.  I don't know that I always do that, I try, but I'm sure I fall short.  We live a pretty clean life.  Is it totally clean and do we stay totally aware from the conformity of the world we live in?  No.  Can we?  It is a struggle each and every day that we and all Christians live to not be pulled into the world.  Does everyone that accepts God go out to reach those that are lost?  Do new Chrisitans really understand what it means to be a Christian?  I don't know.  I know that I didn't. 

As a Christian we are suppose to help others that are lost or have turned away from God, to find the way home.  I don't know that I have ever done that, but I hope that with my blog posts, and the friendships I have, that I do impact someone's life every once and awhile.  I don't read my bible as I should.  I'm sure I don't pray often enough, but how often is enough.  We could pray every day all day long, and it still probably wouldn't be enough. 

I shared today how I'm an emotional eater, and the person I shared it with, is a pastor's wife, who struggles with that as well.  She is a blogger and someone I look up to for her walk with God, and how she tries to do what Christ wants all the time.  I wish sometimes I was more like her. 

So as a day of reflection, I'm going to turn more to God instead of food when I feel lost, stressed or void of human emotion.  There are days when I don't feel or what I feel is un-named.  Anyway, so today is a day I start again and try to be the best I can be for the Lord, for my husband, and my family.  That is all I can do and I just have to recognize that is the solution, not the problem. 

May you all have a blessed and glorious day!  I am, and will continue to do so!  Satan cannot steal me from God.  He can tempt me, but I have to be stronger and realize that God is there with me and all I have to do is ask. 

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment