Saturday, January 29, 2011

Faith

As a Christian, I often question the depth of my faith.  I have weeks where I constantly have the Bible open or I'm reading something on line about religion or Christianity, and then there are the other weeks.  What happens on those weeks?  Well I read a daily devotional, on work days I listen to christian music, and mini sermons, and other than on Sunday, I may not even open my bible.  So does that mean I don't have faith?  Or does that just mean that I'm not a committed Christian. 

Faith to me means believing in God's word, and relying on the promises of God.  Faith means being thankful to Him, turning to Him not only in times when we need Him, but every day.  I talk to God all the time.  I'm always asking Him questions, or making statements to Him.  So does that mean I have lots of faith?

Being a good Christian is attending church, worshipping God, praying, reading His word, helping others, bringing others to know Jesus, and having a constant walk with God, right?  Some times these questions haunt me.  I am intrigued by those people who know that no matter what all will be okay.  They constantly walk around telling you everything is good, and that God will provide for your needs, you just have to have faith. 

So here's the big question, if God doesn't provide for my, our needs, does that mean we don't have enough faith?  I know for a fact that right now, our needs are overwhelming, and I've laid it all out and prayed.  I'm not asking God to prove Himself.  I believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  I believe in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I believe that the bible is the Word of God, and that Jesus was the Word made man. 

As Christians when we are in dire needs or dire straits as I've heard it said, and we don't receive answers to our prayers, what does that say about us?  I know that God answers all prayers and that it is just not always the answer we are wanting, but when it is to be able to survive, what exactly does that mean.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment