Thursday, December 17, 2009

Two Postings

I actually have two things to post to this blog, but I'm not sure I want to at this time. One is entitled, "I am a child of God," the other doesn't have a title, but it comes from a sermon from about two weeks ago and the pastor stated that Calvary pictures all mankind. It made me think, but I have his illustration for the posting. Today, I'm all confused inside and filled with questions. We can't seem to get on our feet and stay on them. We pray, study, worship, try to do what is right, but I feel we are being tested and I'm not sure for what, where, or why.

Brother Joe, my new pastor, stated that man's spirit is made alive when he responds to God in faith. God grants us the freedom to repent, and exercise faith. Man's freedom also makes him responsible for his choices. God's sovereignty doesn't cancel man's freedom, we still have free will. Man was created to have a relationship with God. Our souls are unique. As a child of God, we are saved, have a glorified body, soul and are spiritually alive. If we are not children of God, we are lost, have a resurrected body, a soul, but are spiritually dead. Man is made of three parts, Body, soul and spirit.

As Christians we still have free will, still sin and don't always do what God wants us to do. He still loves us. Still calls us to come to Him, and we long for Him to come for us. May God Bless you all today...

Post#2

Calvary pictures all of mankind. Christ hung between two men - each had the choice of asking for salvation. One chose to continue to live in his sin - One chose to respond to faith and was saved. We all have that choice. Whoever hears the gospel will either believe in Christ or Reject Him. Which one will you do?

Post #1 I am a Child of God

I am a child of God, but I still fall short
I am a child of God, but I have free will
I am a child of God, and I am responsible for my choices
I am a child of God, saved by His grace and cleansed by His blood
I am a child of God, but I fall short of His perfect will
I am a child of God, I strive to live by His word
I am a child of God, and I want the Father to be proud of me
I am a child of God, I await His return
I am a child of God, Are you?
I am a child of God, You can ask Him to live in your heart.
I am a child of God, It is not too late, you too, can be a child of God, Ask Him to live in your heart.

Merry Christmas, Jesus is the reason for the season... Remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment