Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

We didn't attend the recovery meeting last Thursday.  My neighbor, a troubled 24 year old came to my house around five pm, because in a fit of anger he hit the wall with his fist, and he hit a stud in the wall.  His hand wasn't broken, but it was swelling, so I iced it down for him.  He stayed until the wee hours of the morning.  We fed him supper and he and my husband talked.  I listened and cleaned. 

The reason I write about that, is because people deal with situations in their lives differently than others.  He feels the need to hit something when his anger is out of control.  I usually get quiet at first, and then usually something will set me off and I will yell, or I have been known to throw things. 

Another thing I want to mention is this, just because someone doesn't walk around with a smile on their face, doesn't mean that they are angry, sad or mad at someone.  It could be just that they are in deep thought, or maybe they are just trying to figure something out and aren't paying attention. 

When we meet people, we have no idea what they are struggling with or going through.  We are not suppose to judge people by appearance, or I don't think we should.  If we see our brothers and sisters in Christ committing a sin, we are suppose to talk to them about what they are doing.  Not judge them, but bring it to their attention. 

We all fall short of Christ's glory.  No one is perfect on this earth. 

Someone told me yesterday that we can only own what we say, not how others take what is said.  This is very true.  Sometimes, I think, that when someone responds back to you negatively or questions something you said, it is an admission of guilt.  Maybe they see themselves in what you said, but just can't own up to what is going on. 

I know this blog is just rambling, but I felt the need to express it.  May you all have a God Filled Day!  Be Blessed in knowing that Christ's return is eminent.  Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment