Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Emotions and Thoughts

I haven't attended a recovery meeting in three weeks.  It is so emotionally draining working through the principles.  I've dreamed every night since I started and the dreams are all too vivid, some almost to the point where I wonder if they are hidden memories from my childhood.  There are things that I don't remember about growing up and some things that I think are memories but I'm not sure. 

Working through the principles is bringing up a lot of questions that I can't answer.  I'm afraid if I want to find the answers I'm going to have to ask my family things that may bring up some bad memories and I don't want to hurt anyone, but not having the answers is hurting me.  So what do I do?  I've started my journal again and I start the day with a prayer.  I write my prayer, not for any reason, just seems to flow easier on paper than to speak it out loud. 

I've started principle 3.  HOPE.  Principle 1 & 2 made me think hard about my salvation.  It made me ask myself if I truly was a Christian.  Had I really asked Jesus into my heart when I was twelve or was I just wanting to be like everyone in my Sunday School class?  The doubts that were going through my head for the last three weeks caused me major anguish.  I know without a doubt though that Jesus does live in my heart.  It is just that my heart closed Him out for a while and now the pain of the repairing of it and letting Him live inside is sometimes more than I can handle. 

Last week, I started a new life.  A life that I gave to God again.  I took all my burdens to Him and laid them at His feet.  I pray every day now to be stronger and not to turn back and pick them up.  It is very difficult but I am trying to learn to live one day at a time.  I know that God is always there to pick me up when I fall, and I know that He has a purpose for me and my talents.  Now I just need to sit and listen, waiting for His call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment