Tuesday, November 3, 2009

God's Message Today

I've not been up long this morning and it was a very long and sleepless night last night. My best friend is sick and I don't know what to do for her. Dixie, my cockerbeagle stopped eating Sunday night and threw up a couple of times last night and has been running in and out of the doggie door with stomach problems. Her stomach was cramping last night. I gave her Pepto twice yesterday and some pain reliever last night. She slept outside most of the night and that is not something she ever does. She is not a young dog. I've had her for almost 10 years and we have been through some rough times. The thought that I might lose her is upper most in my mind and has been since late last night. I will be taking her to the vet today, this morning as soon as I can get in. On top of this, we have no work, so no money is coming in. So my stress level is very high. I pray every day and sometimes four or five times a day. Maybe not a prayer that is 5 or 6 minutes long. It may just be words like "Thank You God", "Help me Lord", "I love you God", or "Show me God", or lately, "Help me to Understand God." Sometimes when we think all is lost, and there is no hope, we forget to go to God. Sometimes we think we are too insignificant to really matter. Or maybe we think we are being punished for something we did or didn't do. My devotional today was a message from God, directed to my insecure feelings. The message came from Acts 9:11, it ends with "Behold, he is praying." Simply said, direct. The message said that even if the words are unable to be spoken, and only tears and sighs can be uttered, that God knows what we need and that heavens sings with music. Our tears are caught by God, and He loves that we have come to him for help. Remember that prayer is a very strong tool and can get us through the darkest times. We don't have to say anything for God to hear our cries and pain. We just have to bow in prayer. I have done this at least twice this morning already, and know without a doubt that it will not be the last time today that I go to God. Talk to God. Tell him your needs. Ask for His help. May God Bless You all today. Love, L. Read Pslam 56:8

No comments:

Post a Comment