Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I can only imagine

Do you wonder what it will be like Heaven? What do you think it will be like? Will there be streets of gold, mansions on hills and angels flying all around? Will there be big family get togethers? Will you know the ones that have gone before you? Will you be greeted by your loved ones or St. Peter? Will you go straight to see Jesus and stand before God? Will you relive your life, past transgressions and see all the wrongs that you have done to others as you are being judged? Once judgement has been passed, what job will you be assigned? Do you get to choose? Will you share a home with your loved ones? Do you think of dying and are you scared? Or do you look forward to going home to live with Jesus, where there is no pain, no tears, no heartache, no sadness? Do you look forward to no more sickness or diseases or illnesses?



What do you think Heaven will be like? I can only imagine, just like the song by Mercy Me. Will we be so overcome by the presence of God that we cannot speak and can only fall to our knees? I look forward to the day I go home and if God calls me home tomorrow, I am ready. I do get a little apprehensive when I think about it though, again not because I'm scared to die, but I don't want to forget my loved ones or have them not know me. I do want to go home to be with the Lord. I look forward to living pain free and being glorified. I am ready to go, but I also want to be a little selfish. Why you ask? I just met and married my soul mate, and I'm not ready to leave him or have him leave me. Do you think God understands our human emotions about living our spouses? Do you think He understands when we don't want to let someone go? I know God knows what is in our hearts and He understands our tears, but I still wonder. What about you? Tell me what you think Heaven will be like. Love and God Bless, L

1 comment:

  1. Good questions!!! My own personal opinion is this.... I love God more than I love my family, so if He tells me it's time to go I'm ready. I think that when we get there we will see our loved ones because God chose for us to be together on earth. I don't think He intended for it to end here. I also think that our minds will be so focused on God and His Glory that we won't really care per say if we see our families. I get so excited thinking about that day, when God looks at me and says "well done my child, now come look at what you've earned." I know that seems kinda silly but God uses motivation all through the Bible. I want God to be pleased more than I want my mansion. I think that's the point. He looks at our heart and our motives. Anyways, these are just my opinions and thoughts I've gotten from the Bible.

    ReplyDelete