Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Heart's desires

Psalm 37:3-5 (King James Version)

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.


The above scriptures were shared with me by blogging friend, and they have really made me stop and think.  I am sure I have read them before but I am not sure if I have really ever thought about what these scriptures say.  This is a promise from God.  As such we should take it to heart. 

Think about what it says, "It says to trust the Lord, do good (follow His commandments, live by the scripture), dwell in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit yourself to serving God, and He will make it all happen.  That is probably not exactly right, but that is how I interpret those passages. 

It has made me stop and think a lot about my life.  One of my biggest desires is to make a living by writing.  I want to write a Christian Fiction book, along with several others.  Being a published, successful author has been one of my greatest desires since I was 14.  The other is to operate an animal rescue and shelter and to train dogs for service with people with handicaps and to do all of this while showing others what God can do if you just trust Him.  Aha!  There's the catch!  You have to trust in the Lord.  Trust is such an issue for me.  It all comes from a past where I have been betrayed, but through recovery, I'm hoping to get past that.  I am going to a meeting for a little while tonight, but I am going to start attending on a regular basis, and I am going to start sharing things that God has done for me, us, so that they too can learn to trust in the Lord. 

What are your heart's desires?  Do you Trust in the Lord?  Have you committed Your way to Him? 

I would love to hear your answers, please feel free to leave a comment. 

May God Bless You all for the rest of this year and for the year 2011.  I know He will bless me and mine.

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment