Monday, December 20, 2010

While I Clean The Church

Most of the days that I clean at the church I wear my ipod and listen to music.  I have to admit when I first started cleaning, I mostly had country and some rock on there, but now it is a big mixture.  I have an Eric Clapton song, a bunch of country, some Robert Palmer and a lot of Christian music.  I don't see anything wrong with the music I listen to while I am cleaning.  There's nothing about getting drunk or doing anything illegal.  Most of the country and western is about the love of your life, and how you feel about each other.  Some of the other songs are about living in the country and just enjoying life. 

I sing out loud while I am cleaning.  If someone comes in, I stop singing and just listening.  When I'm cleaning it is my time to reflect on my life, on God, and what changes are coming in the future.  I find myself thinking and talking to God a lot while I am cleaning.  Sometimes, I will pause the music and forget and I just like to feel the peace and serenity that fills the auditorium or some of the other buildings. 

However, there is one of the buildings that is kind of creepy, well maybe not creepy, but it makes a lot of noises while I am in there cleaning.  It is the very old Sunday school building.  Today, I kept hearing the door chime from the alarm go off like someone was coming in and out, but the door never opened or closed.  Anyway, it is probably just my mind playing games with me. 

But it is usually very relaxing while I am working.  I know I will miss the church when I find a full time job, but I'm sure they will find someone to take my place if they need it filled.  I love the people at church and all though I don't quite feel the same thing I did a few months ago, I know that God is there.  Some Sundays and other days, His presence is much more noticeable than other times, but He is always with me where ever I go. 

Remember this is the season of our Savior's birth.  Rejoice and don't be afraid to wish everyone you meet a Merry Christmas!  Jesus loves you!  He will never forsake you, no matter what you do.  You can Trust the Lord with all things!  He will provide all that you need!

God Bless You all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment