Sunday, August 22, 2010

A step in my journey

As I travel down this road called  recovery a lot has been revealed to me.  I find that God is always with me and I can't soak up enough of His word.  I find myself searching scripture and reading everything I can get my hands on to learn as much as possible.  I love that God has so filled my soul and my life.  I feel the joy I had when I was twelve and first accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. 

In the last month, after writing my self inventory, I re-dedicated my life to the Lord.  I give control of my life every day to God and pray that He will use me in His service to do whatever He wants me to do, where ever He wants me to service, however He wants to use me and whenever He wants me to serve.  I received an answer to part of that this last week.  I will be teaching 3 year olds two days a week at the Church's Day school.  I love that I have a chance to impact these young lives.  I know that this is a step in preparing me to do more of the Lord's work.  I don't know what it will be, where it will be, or when it will be, but I know that I am His to use. 

With my re-dedication to Him, I feel so brand new, that I want all of me to be brand new.  Even on days when things my not be the best, the joy I feel deep inside is so fresh and wonderful, that I can't help but have a spring in my step, a song on my lips and my mind, and usually a smile or a grin on my face.   

So this week I told the Pastor that with my journey through recovery, and my re-dedication to my Lord, that I wanted to be baptized again.  He smiled at me and said, "You want to show Him you are serious huh?"  "Yes".  So Next Sunday, August the 29th, I will once again pushed beneath the cleansing flood or so the song says.  I will come up a new person on the outside to match the new person I am on the inside. 

Some of you may not understand this request, but the joy I feel knowing that the Lord is working with me and through me is indescribable!!!!!  I want everyone to see what God has done in my life, and what He is continuing to do on a daily basis.  If I can just help one person, see the mercy and grace of God and lead them to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, then I know that one lost soul has been saved from the depths of hell, and will only know physical death and not eternal death. 

I hope others that read this blog will see that there is help and most of all there is hope out there.  God is there always and He can work miracles, even when you think there is no way.  Trust in Him.  Have Faith and Seek the Face of the Lord.

May you all have a God Filled Life.  I do now and my journey is just beginning.  Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment