Monday, July 12, 2010

Man, Satan, or Jesus Christ

Who is your higher power?  If you have been to an AA meeting, or NA meeting or have participated in a recovery group, you know that they talk about finding your higher power.  I am part of a biblical based recovery group that is based on the eight beatitudes and follows the normal 12 step program using eight principles.  So as far as a higher power goes from a Christian stand point, because I am a believer, here are your choices for that higher power.  One, you can continue along the road of destruction and follow man and the things of this world, and you will continue to do the things that cover up the pain, instead of succeeding at recovery.  Two, you can follow Satan.  He is a higher power and there are a lot of people, occults that follow him.  If he is your choice and you follow him, he will lead you down the road to hell and to burn for eternity.  The third choice is Jesus Christ, the ultimate higher power.  He is the power I have chosen.  I actually chose Him as my higher power when I was twelve, but like Peter, I lost faith because of the things that happened in my life and so I started down a path that I thought was where I needed to be.  I thought God had left me.  That was not true, God will never leave you.  You can turn your back on Him and do all manner of things, but He will be waiting for you with open arms, a forgiving heart, when you return.

It is hard to know some times what causes us to take our eyes off of the true and only living God.  That is where recovery comes in.  It is about getting our faith back or accepting Jesus Christ into our hearts and lives.  Giving God control, giving Him our burdens, asking for Him to heal us, and seeking forgiveness or giving forgiveness to others.  I am only on the fourth principle and I still have a long journey to travel, but God will be there every step of the way.  Why do I know that?  Because He never left. 

Have a God Filled Day, ask Jesus Christ to be your higher power and live in your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment