Friday, July 23, 2010

A step forward in my journey

I started my self inventory and was able to share in our recovery meeting last night.  We are in small groups and it makes it so much easier to share.  I still get very emotional about things, but last night I talked about the compulsive eating disorder and one of the ladies prayed with me individually after group. 

We always start a group session off with a prayer for everyone there, and to bless the food.  Then after we break into smaller groups to share and go over the questions in the books, we pray before we start and we always close with a prayer.  Everyone is very nice. 

It is amazing at some of the stories and the feelings that get shared.  When you look at a person that you pass on the street or see in a crowd or even that you see every Sunday at church, you have no idea what that person has gone through, going through or is trying to overcome. 

There is one thing that we all have in common in the group and that is Jesus Christ.  He is our higher power and without Him, there is not cure for our hurts, hangups, or addictive compulsive behaviors.  He is the only one that can cure us and it is a struggle for us to give up control.  Last night as I shared, I stated that everyday, I ask Jesus to take control of my life and I freely give it to Him.  I ask only to live my life for Him, doing whatever He would have me do.  I explained to an accountability partner last night, that I know that before I can go forward with a life for living strictly for Christ, that I have to finish my journey down the road to recovery.  She said, "Yes it is one step at a time.  One day at a time.  Stay in the Word and when you start to feel things going astray, pray."  She is very sweet and you can see the joy and happiness in her face.  She looked at me last night and said, "You look so much better this week.  I can see the difference in your face."  It made me feel good that she could see the light of the Lord in my face. 

I'm not sure what God has in store for me once I finish my journey, but I know that it will be His will, His time, and at a place where He things I need to be.

May you all have a God Filled weekend.  Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment