Monday, July 26, 2010

Today - July 26, 2010 - Anxiety & Fear

Today I have visited with God several times and it is just 1:20PM.  Anxiety and Fear are keeping me close to God today.  I know that God will take care of me and protect me and give me the strength I need to stay focused and to let the anxiety and fear go.  He has control of my life, and I give it to Him freely every day.  I want to do more, to be more, and to experience more. 

My bible has been open on my desk since I came home from working at the church and I've even been back to the church again today.  It wasn't to work although I did help the ladies out in the auditorium with envelopes and note pads... just so they could get finished quicker.  I did go to our library and picked up two books.  One is a commentary book that covers from Proverbs through Ezekiel.  I only wanted Ecclesiastes, but now I think I'm going to read the whole thing.  The other book is called Halley's Bible Handbook and gives you background info on all the books of the bible as well some history and other things.  I've not started reading it yet, just thumbed through.  I need more information. 

In the Bible I've read my devotional scriptures from my devotional reading for today, as well as a couple of chapters in the Book of James, one in Hebrews and now it is open to I Corinthians.  I'm waiting on an email with some information from a Sunday School lesson a couple of weeks ago, but I have some studying to do.  I just need clearer understanding, and I know that God will help me as I'm reading, because I have prayed and asked for His guidance, wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His glorious word. 

As for as my recovery goes, I'm still working on my self-inventory and I've got a list of 14 things so far, and on Saturday I realized, that my name needs to be on that list along with the things I need to answer for and ask forgiveness for from friends, family and others.  Some I will never be able to address as those people have left this world to go be with Jesus.  I'm also on the look for a new sponsor, and I believe I will be talking to a couple of the ladies at the meeting on Thursday night.

Here is one of my verses for today:  Hebrews 4: 16 (KJV) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

Another:  Ephesians 2:18 (KJV) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

These two seemed to stand out more prominently than the others for today.  I wish you all a truly God Filled Day.  Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment